Your Cart is Empty

October 09, 2018 1 min read

A filament light bulb is just another name commonly used for the vintage Edison light bulbs. Those reproduction bulbs are made to look like the original Edison bulb created over 100 years ago. The word Filament itself refers to the wire or thread inside the bulb which lights up when you turn it on.

Filament bulb

These are some of the names manufacturers and consumers use to call those bulbs; Filament bulbs, Edison Bulbs, Antique Bulbs, Vintage Bulbs, Nostalgic Bulbs, Original Bulbs, Squirrel Cage Bulbs, old-fashioned bulbs, and retro bulbs. All those names basically mean the same thing!

There are also different shapes, sizes, and filament designs those bulbs come in. 

Vintage Bulbs Filament Types




    Leave a comment

    Comments will be approved before showing up.

    Also in Vintage Bulbs Blog

    Vintage Swag Lamp
    what are swag pendant lamps?

    November 13, 2018 2 min read

    Are Vintage Swag Pendant Lamps a Bright Idea for Your Home? 

    Popularized in the mid-20th century, swag pendant lamps are making a resurgence in American home design, offering an affordable lighting option

    Read More
    LED Edison Bulbs Color
    LED Edison Bulbs Color

    November 06, 2018 2 min read

    Choosing the correct color temperature for you LED Edison Bulbs.

    Not too long ago, before LED bulbs took over we had very little choice when it came to our light bulb color temperature.  It is the color of the light measured on a temperature scale referred to as Kelvin (K).

    Read More
    Light Bulb Socket Types
    Light Bulb Socket Types

    October 01, 2018 1 min read

    Knowing which light bulb socket you need will save you time and money. To make this as simple as possible, we’ll discuss the most popular base types. The ones that we carry and the ones that are used for the Edison vintage style LED or incandescent light bulbs.
    Read More

    News & Updates